Benzoin

Bought my first essential oil directly after last posting -- Benzoin. I had a vague and pretty immediately controverted idea of what to expect of it based on reading up on occulted sense data. Seems Benzoin used to be a common concoction, some pointing to it as a primary scent-note, others calling for it in ritual practices, but I've not heard much at all of it from contemporary sources. The past masters talk led me to expect a much simpler sensation, but on first sniff it seemed to me compounded of complexities -- perhaps I'm getting tripped up on reductionist eigenvector thinking and ought to just sniff again. If I'm not willing to raise new non-orthogonal percepts to basis-status I oughtn't even start. or perhaps one part of me can drag the rest on to a new way without cooperation..perhaps even a very little part.

speaking of orthogonality, listen to this body music: poincarre says something like "space is not isotropic/uniform, but has as many dimentions as I have muscles," which is all nothing but an exhortation to try harder, so let's sniff: call the study group

No comments: