sister cities

seems the degree of propensity for having sister cities is a good way to match up cities in itself. Long Beach, CA's sister city Bacolod in the Philippines (ranked best place to live in the Philippines by their Money Sense magazine (http://moneysense.com.ph/editors-note/best-places-to-live/#comments)) has one metal band I know of: Sevorum (was Onslaughter). [Kratornas is in very nearby Cadiz] Some songs (and not others) remind of Korihor/Maniak of infamous (in metal tape trade circles) Davao City. I'd like to build sister city parallels based on these sorts of facts like a location scout for biopics shot close to home.


http://www.waltdisneyworldtwinnedtown.co.uk/entry/
http://www.thefairday.com/memories.htm

and as for close to home, how about that idea of the roof of UC Berkeley's South Hall as a Mary Poppins(1964) location?! UCB might make a good sister city to Disneyland. Hidden Mickeys, hidden bear statues!

I wonder if Morgan 'Bill' Evans ever suggested any locations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cebucentral.com/bestofcebu/Otap.html

yasi chrissy carellel pretty perera said...

johnpaul_yu:
Hi to all Pinoy beamers,
I am here at manila having a training related to my present job. I got a chance to go to Divisoria, specifically 168 mall ground floor. I bought a solar flash light, for 50 pesos only. If you buy it whholesale or minnimum of 6 pieces. I bought 18 pieces :-). If you buy it less than 6, it is worth 80 pesos. Attached are the pics, it has good a quality small switch, a buttoncell li-ion, 3.6v rechargable bat, 3 ultrabright LED, and a good size solar cell. Specs of the solar cell I haven't expirement on it yet but its sure have an open voltage of more then 3.6v. This is one good cheap source of beam components for its price. Enjoy! More solar beam bots to build when i get back to my province, Palawan.
50 pesos is aproximately 1 dollar.

4of4Photo(s):http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beam/attachments/folder/1290202483/item/list
---
kiyo_143:
i am a filipino but i live in general santos city,i have a solar cell from an old solar hat but i dont have any 74ac240 and i dont know where to find it,where can i find it in any appliances?,i cant buy it from ebay because i dont have any credit card because i am not 18 and my parents wont allow me to use theirs, where can i find it in any appliances?
-keith
----
johnpaul_yu:
If you have a relative, there are 2 source here of I know of. Alexan store its worth like 50 pesos each. Deeco has a cheaper IC, I think 14 pesos each. Browse for their location. Alexan has a branch in megamall and carrideo. Deeco has a branch in carriedo and cubao. I did see a surface mount 74ac240 on a telephone. You can check some.